My commute, Woking to Chertsey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnsienk

Part 1: Starts out normally...

Part 2: but..."The Chase" (shows a "race" with a fellow cyclist)

Part 3: "The Chase" (finale of the race, unexpected twist!)

OP
OP
J

johnsienk

btw. the whole "race" should be taken lightly, I was just having fun (hence the stupid comments I made in the video :-) )

yenrod

The reason he got past you is because you made the pace on the gradients...well thats what I reckon anyway !

Arch

Married to Night Train
Disgraceful behaviour...

Nice one.:blush: Even I get that red mist sometimes - but I never catch them up!

I was thinking that cycle path in part two was ok, right up to the point where it narrowed, just as the lorry came by. I flinched!

The cycle lanes there are pants. I stick to the main A320 and occupy my space a good distance out from the kerb. Much rather do that than faff around on the narrow pavement - that and I like to average a good 20/21mph on that stretch on the way home!

S

LOGAN 5

Do you ride that commute in the dark? Didn't see much lighting especially through the wooded parts. Scary narrow cycle lane when the lorry passed you, yuk. At least your area seems to have cycle lanes that actually go somewhere and appear to be linked up. He probably let you pass so that you'd ride harder giving him the opportunity to choose when to speed past....Good point to let you go past just at the bottom on a climb just to see how you manage it....

Go on admit it. You faked the twist at the end. In reality he sped off into the distance never to be seen again :blush:

Top Bottom