My commuter...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Potter

Bought new 18 months ago, my Gazelle Orange Goldline Auto. Used every day with ortlieb roller panniers. Its great for my short ride each day and is good to ride even with my work clothes on. Auto gears took some getting used to but work fine.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's different...looks good......

It's been some time since I saw a Gazelle.....my club mate had one of their road bikes...

OP
OP
P

Potter

Yeah, its quite heavy - I think about 21kgs. I was tempted by the carbon version they do, about 15kgs without the auto setup.

The shift is an 8 speed hub system, controlled by a processor/computer that sits under the rear rack - no cables just wires. System is powered by a front hub dynamo. The change is measured by cadence but you can modify the upshifts to a degree via the handlebar unit which has modes L - low; D - drive; Ds - sport(!); and Manual - which lets you change up/down with buttons next to the handgrip. There is also a dial on the computer unit that can 'fine tune' the cadence threshold.

It is a fine bike for what I need it for, and my commute isnt far at all. It also has darkness sensor lights that turn on if the bike is in motion at night - but streetlights always seem to upset the front lamp and it turns off... I just turn them on manually.

Regards

Matt

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Good commuter bike. I considered buying a (Pashley) Moulton with a 4-speed automatic gear change once, I still wish I'd considered it a bit more.

Top Bottom