My complaint letter to halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If its the halfords own brand cycle accsessory pack that you are referring to then the fact it is halfords brand entitles you to return it if faulty.

You only have to be able to prove it is from that retailer, whether thats receipt or not.

I spent a long day on a retail management course learning this stuff, and even something such as a security tag on the product can be enough to prove where it was purchased!

Which, if he took it back to another store where they won't remember him, means he could get a refund of the original price and convert the 3 for 2 into a 2 for 1. In fact if you bought a three for two you could take back each item individually for a refund and make a profit of the cheapest item ;)

barongreenback

Über Member
That whole letter should begin with a short sentence, then 3/4 bullet points and a closing sentence. Being concise will usually ensure your complaint is read. I found it very difficult to find out what your issue was amongst the meandering rant.

Bosrebel

Regular
I understand your frustration, but really..instead of just taking all the stuff back and getting the lock, pump and cage for free..you'd rather keep complaining until you get a working pump??! jeez... really, life is far tooo short, just buy a better quality pump somewhere else or buy a more expensive one from Halfords.

and can i just say that the guys in my local Halfords are superstars, nothing is too much trouble, and no i dont work for Halfords or know people that work there.... lol

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I don't really expect much but writing a long complaining letter made me find it funny rather than annoying that halfords sell a cycle pump that is useless for pumping up cycle tyres. Seeing as they deleted the pump pack off my receipt I can now take everything else I bought back and would have had a free water bottle ,cage and lock. Instead how ever I will keep complaining untill they send me a new , working pump. Good advice about keeping things short and direct though. I will get my receptionist at work to keep writing more complaints , directed at the MD mentioning the sale of goods act and see what happens.
Is that in your receptionist JD

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
Halfords sell loads of stuff thats not fit for purpose, i thought everyone knew that ???

the lesson learnt... again... don't shop at halfords :becool:

Meeton

If its the halfords own brand cycle accsessory pack that you are referring to then the fact it is halfords brand entitles you to return it if faulty.

You only have to be able to prove it is from that retailer, whether thats receipt or not.

I spent a long day on a retail management course learning this stuff, and even something such as a security tag on the product can be enough to prove where it was purchased!

That's really valuable info! I'm going to use that a lot I expect.

Bicycle

...Instead how ever I will keep complaining untill they send me a new , working pump. Good advice about keeping things short and direct though. I will get my receptionist at work to keep writing more complaints , directed at the MD mentioning the sale of goods act and see what happens.

Aaaah... I'm glad you're not the author of the original.

The grammar, syntax and punctuation were dreadful. The letter lacked shape, was longer than it needed to be and came across more as failed comedy than a serious missive.

I suggest you proof-read everything your receptionist writes in future. He or she may not be a capable or confident user of written English. If the drafting of formal letters is in his or her JD, there is a case for training. Ability may fall below that required for the post.

In the meantime you've learnt a valuable lesson at little cost: You get what you (don't) pay for.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
E

element

I did write the orginal, I will get someone else to write the follow up complaints. It was written more for my amusement than anything else. I agree it was too long but shoot happens.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Phew! Had me worried for a moment - am I right to assume it was not from Halfords?

Why do you say that? Has someone you know had a problem with them or something? They should write to them and complain if that's the case. The more detail the better I say and keep the tone light with a couple of quips.

Top Bottom