My contribution to the upturn in the economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, after a lot of umming and ahhing, and looking at some very nice bikes, I ended up going for a Planet X Ti Sportive.

PlanetX.jpg

At 8.5 kg, it's a long away above the UCI minimum, but it's over 2.5 kg lighter than my Specialized Sequoia. I had it delivered to work, and not everyone there knew about it, so when the box turned, they couldn't understand what I'd bought that was so light and yet required such a massive box!

I did some minor fettling on Friday evening to try and get it set up correctly, but was grinning away as I went up and down the road outside the house. The ride is completely delightful as it just smooths away bumps in the road and seems better in that respect than carbon. You can also quickly accelerate away without any flex from the bottom bracket. Having given it a maiden voyage on the FNRttC, I was able to stay on the big chainring on a few of the hills - and even power away from his Leggness Mr dellzeqq at one point. :rolleyes:

I really like the brushed polish effect of titanium and although I plan to be very careful with the bike, I know if I do scratch it, I'll just need to get a brillo pad out to restore the finish.

If I'm not online, I'll just be caressing my new bike. There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
beautiful mate...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
That is one lovely bike - the Planet X stuff is very very nice, I could only afford a pair of gloves and not a bike though!!!!.....sigh, one day...

Tynan

Veteran
that was all on it's own on the train back wasn't it, by the toilet?

was it even locked up?

I did the whole ride on the big ring too, with a pannier, so don't get too excited

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Tynan said:
that was all on it's own on the train back wasn't it, by the toilet?

was it even locked up?

Nope not me. It was with about 5 other bikes on the train, and we were all sat immediately in front.

Tynan said:
I did the whole ride on the big ring too, with a pannier, so don't get too excited
:tongue:

Ah but I'm old and have been used to a triple, so it's a big step for me!

Top Bottom