My Coventry Eagle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clyde

I was recently given this Coventry Eagle 4 speed. Its pretty rough and while giving it a clean ive noticed its original colour is Purple. Going to try and cut off the blue and get it back to original.
It rides really nice. The hubs both say its a 53.
Presently ive removed the light weight white mudguards that came on it and im running it with just the back brake as in the picture. Ordered some new tyres and will just try and resto the rest.
Its lovely I think and when ive cleaned it up and found a head badge I think that will be it.
Its had the bars and front wheel painted black so they also need work.
Found a seat and seat post in my scrap pile.
1 Free.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 63
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 59

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks good and well done , so many of these older bikes just end up being thrown away and never used again such a shame

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The FM is quite a funky hub, and not as common as the FW. They have a reputation for bursting out of their shells (alloy shells, like yours, are no thicker than the steel ones) but this one must be a good one to have survived!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Not many people will service them for you but they're not difficult. The hardest part is removing the RH ball ring, which screws itself tightly into the shell under pedalling pressure. The correct tool with square dogs hasn't been made for decades (the current tool has semi-circular dogs) so it's a hammer and flat-faced punch. All the bearings are available as spares.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom