My cunning plan to get drivers to give me more room..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Figuring a flag waving around might work.

And if I do get run over, it makes the police's job so much easier, they know they'll be looking for a Scotsman! ;)

4693627528_5fc3223c43_b.jpg

(and yes, I have realised it's a Scottish bike!)

I was going to get a German flag.;)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I was so going to do that myself this week. Even went into the supermarket and tried to get a small flag. Then I was watching the news and saw one of the England squad moaning like a child about something and just thought "nah, s*d it".

We all know whats going to happen. Bunch of overpaid winge'rs will lose the chance/naff it up and then the Manager will be a scapegoat just like the others before. Never been a big footie fan here but used to watch the odd England game and I think its partly for this reason.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sod the cars its the other half catching you with the bike in the house :ohmy:

downfader said:
I was so going to do that myself this week. Even went into the supermarket and tried to get a small flag. Then I was watching the news and saw one of the England squad moaning like a child about something and just thought "nah, s*d it".

We all know whats going to happen. Bunch of overpaid winge'rs will lose the chance/naff it up and then the Manager will be a scapegoat just like the others before. Never been a big footie fan here but used to watch the odd England game and I think its partly for this reason.

ok,thanks for that.

Some people reckon "flapping" coats etc makes drivers give you more space. The straps on my rucksack are very long when pulled tight.

How about mounting it out to the side... just like the cars are doing... probably to try and whack you in the head :ohmy:

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
downfader said:
Never been a big footie fan here but used to watch the odd England game and I think its partly for this reason.

You're probably right there...

Though I do try to get into the World Cup etc I get far less from it than from league football. The two things are quite different.

Plax

Guru
drsquirrel said:
Some people reckon "flapping" coats etc makes drivers give you more space. The straps on my rucksack are very long when pulled tight.

How about mounting it out to the side... just like the cars are doing... probably to try and whack you in the head :tongue:

+1 on a recent ride I noticed that drivers were hanging back for longer and passing me a lot wider than usual. It was only when I stopped I realised that my jacket was hanging out the back of my Carradice and flapping about madly. Luckily it didn't get stuck in my back wheel!

PrettyboyTim

I found one of these:

held onto the rack with bungee straps was fantastic for getting me *loads* of space. :smile:

Not very practical for general use though. I think drivers tend to hold back from and give a wide berth to anything that looks like it could fall off and scratch the paintwork...

Top Bottom