My custom Unknown Singularity, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Fixed Gear and Single Speed' started by fixiewarrior, 14 Jun 2018.

1. fixiewarrior

fixiewarrior New Member

Hi guys, thought I would share my build with you guy. The different setups. Feel free to leave your opinion.

Frame: Unknown Singularity | Size 58 - Aluminum 6066 T6
    Fork: Unknown | Carbon (12K) with 1 1/8” - 30mm rake.
    Wheels: American Classic 420 Aero Track | Clincher - 43mm deep - AC Bladed Spokes Black - AC Aluminum Nipples Silver - 18h Radial Front - 24h 2-Cross Rear
    Saddle: NET Selle Italia | Custom Keirinstreets
    Headset: LOOK | ALU-CARBON bonded
    Handlebars: LOOK Pista | Carbon - 42mm width
    Crankset: Sram Omnium Pista
    Chainring: Kappstein ProLine III
    Cog: Kappstein
    Chain: the cheapest one

The build started with the main setup though to ride on the streets. The Singularity is a very sharp and compact frame, usually, I would ride a size 56 but with the Singularity, due to its geometry, I am riding a size bigger, 58.
    TBMx34i.jpg
    I have to talk about my wheels which I also have two sets. The Unknown CNTRL that I use to ride in the city as it feels really strong and can take a beating and my beautiful American Classic 420 Aero Track (what a long name) that I use to race.

EFolA2n.jpg
    The main components of the street setup are clearly the handlebars and the gear ration. The handlebars are a 72mm wide risers from Velocidad Components in aluminum. Considering that I live and ride in a city with very light traffic getting stuck in traffic between cars is not a problem I have to consider, so I can follow the wide bars fab! :smile:

The other aspect that changes on this streets setup is the gear ration I choose to ride with. Considering that my city is pretty flat and I am a lazy commuter I ride on a 49x16 ratio. Allows me to cruise around town without major issues… A few sprints every now and then and I get home with a smile in my race.

The other side of the setup is the racing one, and full disclosure, I only go to races to have a beer and have a great time. The mains change is the handlebars that I will ride with a Look track carbon handlebars that I got from a local legend racing for the local and national track team but as cool as they look, unless I am at the velodrome they are not the most comfortable, so for cries and other races like the Fixed42 I am really looking to upgrade it to something with more hand positions.
    EsSrhck.jpg
    The gear ration as you can imagine will vary according to the race I am racing but the biggest chainring I have is a 51t and the smallest cog a 15t which is usually the ratio I ride in the local velodrome.

What do you guys think? Besides the super wide bars
    fab I really like the look and feel of my ride.

Pro Tour Punditry likes this.
  2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

That's some seat to handlebar drop.

3. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Guru

Thoughts? No brakes?

mcshroom and raleighnut like this.
  4. colly

colly Re member eR

Very nice indeed but l would need brakes.
    ^_^

5. OP
    OP
    fixiewarrior

fixiewarrior New Member

it is fixed gear.. no need for brakes

palinurus and colly like this.
  6. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Guru

It's not road legal then.

mcshroom and raleighnut like this.
  7. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Not road legal then in the UK but I get the feeling you're 'over the pond'.

8. colly

colly Re member eR

There is where l live.

Besides. I'm chicken.^_^

9. Pennine-Paul

Pennine-Paul Goth on a bike............

I have a feeling he's in Germany,Kappstein cog and chainring ,very German and very expensive!

raleighnut likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice