My custom Unknown Singularity, thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fixiewarrior

Hi guys, thought I would share my build with you guy. The different setups. Feel free to leave your opinion.

Frame: Unknown Singularity | Size 58 - Aluminum 6066 T6
Fork: Unknown | Carbon (12K) with 1 1/8” - 30mm rake.
Wheels: American Classic 420 Aero Track | Clincher - 43mm deep - AC Bladed Spokes Black - AC Aluminum Nipples Silver - 18h Radial Front - 24h 2-Cross Rear
Saddle: NET Selle Italia | Custom Keirinstreets
Headset: LOOK | ALU-CARBON bonded
Handlebars: LOOK Pista | Carbon - 42mm width
Crankset: Sram Omnium Pista
Chainring: Kappstein ProLine III
Cog: Kappstein
Chain: the cheapest one

The build started with the main setup though to ride on the streets. The Singularity is a very sharp and compact frame, usually, I would ride a size 56 but with the Singularity, due to its geometry, I am riding a size bigger, 58.
TBMx34i.jpg

I have to talk about my wheels which I also have two sets. The Unknown CNTRL that I use to ride in the city as it feels really strong and can take a beating and my beautiful American Classic 420 Aero Track (what a long name) that I use to race.

EFolA2n.jpg

The main components of the street setup are clearly the handlebars and the gear ration. The handlebars are a 72mm wide risers from Velocidad Components in aluminum. Considering that I live and ride in a city with very light traffic getting stuck in traffic between cars is not a problem I have to consider, so I can follow the wide bars fab! :smile:

The other aspect that changes on this streets setup is the gear ration I choose to ride with. Considering that my city is pretty flat and I am a lazy commuter I ride on a 49x16 ratio. Allows me to cruise around town without major issues… A few sprints every now and then and I get home with a smile in my race.

The other side of the setup is the racing one, and full disclosure, I only go to races to have a beer and have a great time. The mains change is the handlebars that I will ride with a Look track carbon handlebars that I got from a local legend racing for the local and national track team but as cool as they look, unless I am at the velodrome they are not the most comfortable, so for cries and other races like the Fixed42 I am really looking to upgrade it to something with more hand positions.
EsSrhck.jpg

The gear ration as you can imagine will vary according to the race I am racing but the biggest chainring I have is a 51t and the smallest cog a 15t which is usually the ratio I ride in the local velodrome.

What do you guys think? Besides the super wide bars
fab I really like the look and feel of my ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's some seat to handlebar drop.

Not road legal then in the UK but I get the feeling you're 'over the pond'.
I have a feeling he's in Germany,Kappstein cog and chainring ,very German and very expensive!

Top Bottom