My daughter won't zip her jacket on camp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hated the rules, uniform and discipline of the cubs when I was a kid. I whined to my parents and they just said it was up to me. I could stay in and do as I was told by Akela, or leave.

I left and still regret it as my friends all stayed and had a great time.

Cutting off my nose to spite my face, my mother called it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Trust me guys, I am NOT agreeing with all that are for her disobeying the leader.

I think some on this thread think my issue is with my daughter needing to zip her jacket up when in fact, that is totally not my issue, all I did by starting this was ask for advice on getting her doing it automatically without needing asked. As I have said already, I've on many occasions asked her to zip her jacket up,, especially on days that she comes out with it wide open from school, and its unpleasant weather.
That's slightly at odds with the first post. There it was one of the rainbow leaders who had tried to get her to fasten it up whilst on camp.

I've based all my answers on that, and the question of is it part of the uniform. Inclement weather or safety issues aside, I see no problem with a coat not being zipped up. I've seen some groups where the coat was an unofficial part of the uniform. Colour dictated by the group. Trying to get the whole group looking the same.

They'll learn the hard way, coming out of school, into inclement weather. Not just rain or snow, but the wind as well.

alicat

Legendary Member
I think some on this thread think my issue is with my daughter needing to zip her jacket up when in fact, that is totally not my issue, all I did by starting this was ask for advice on getting her doing it automatically without needing asked. As I have said already, I've on many occasions asked her to zip her jacket up,, especially on days that she comes out with it wide open from school, and its unpleasant weather.

To be fair, the words that I have highlighted above didn't come across from your original post.

I'm not a parent so I have no idea how you can get your daughter to think ahead when she doesn't seem to have the mental capacity yet.

DRM

Guru
Trust me guys, I am NOT agreeing with all that are for her disobeying the leader.

This is just the start of it, wait while she starts high school and won’t even put her coat on full stop regardless of the weather conditions, apparently no teenager who is remotely cool wears a coat!, that’s what my two said anyway.

Top Bottom