my experience with halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sargent

A few weeks after I bought my Boardman Comp, the bottom bracket died.

I heard that was common issue. However, swiftly resolved by Halfords I might add!

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Got my Carrera Subway limited edition in white (lush looking!) but NEVER EVER take it in there for a service! I asked them to fit the computer thingy (why oh why??) and they'd used duck tape (poorly I might add) to hold down the excess wire - it looked ridiculously amateurish!!! Got them to rip it off and I installed it myself like I should have done in the first place!!

Anyway, got a fantastic LBS nearby and John looks after my bike for me - it goes in for a regular service or half service and he never rips me off and gives me good advice. Proper old school, proper bike shop ;)

Tynan

Veteran
brake pads are every two months tops for me, I do lots and lots and lots of braking on my commute, faster.slower/faster slower repeat

i thought BBs were sealed and went o for nigh ever these days

D

Deleted member 1258

Tynan said:
brake pads are every two months tops for me, I do lots and lots and lots of braking on my commute, faster.slower/faster slower repeat

i thought BBs were sealed and went o for nigh ever these days

Wish they did, I've had them last as little as ten months, and as long as five years.

Top Bottom