My Fiat 500C's boot won't open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I closed my soft top roof with a chair obstructing it. Not on purpose obviously. It got half way then I looked up and realised it was being obstructed by a small chair I carry on the back seat. Thankfully i stopped it in time before any damage to the roof was done, but when I got out and tried to open the boot it wouldn't move, either by the fob or manually. I'm thinking it might be a fuse has blown. I tried to get in the boot by putting the back seats down, but it seems the lever to put the seats down is on the back of the seats which are in the boot. Thankfully again I'd taken my shopping out the boot and dropped it off at my flat, not wanting things to go off in this heat, so nothing in the boot's gonna go off overnight. Am I right in thinking/hoping that I've only blown a fuse and it's nothing too serious?🤔

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Am I right in thinking/hoping that I've only blown a fuse and it's nothing too serious?🤔
As it's you Accy, it's going to be forty eight pages serious :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah well, I've flattened/opened the rear seats, so yes I can now get in the boot. I'm gonna take it to the garage tomorrow to see if it's the fuse.🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom