My Fiat 500C's boot won't open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't realise the boot opened I always assumed that is where the wind up mechanism went which attached to the giant key.

Barney-the-Dinosaur-Wind-Up-Toy-Car.jpg

Sharky

Guru
Not so long ago, my daughter had a problem with the drivers door of her 500. It wouldn't open. It seems that there is a cable/rod linkage behind the door panel. It was under warranty and was repaired easily.

Maybe something similar has gone wrong with the boot?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not so long ago, my daughter had a problem with the drivers door of her 500. It wouldn't open. It seems that there is a cable/rod linkage behind the door panel. It was under warranty and was repaired easily.

Maybe something similar has gone wrong with the boot?

I'm thinking it's more like what @DRM posted about. I'll take it to the garage tomorrow if his link provided attempt doesn't work. Maybe even take it before and ask them if it could be that before attempting to reset it.🤔 They won't charge me as it's the place I bought the car from and the two before that. I don't want to try that method and find it's made things worse, such as the roof itself not folding closed. Then I would be in Dickie's meadow!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We’re all itching to know, did the reset of your sliding roof work? :okay:

I decided to take it to the place I bought it from last April. They tried to open it and they did, but by a manual switch in the boot. They worn/snapped wire in the boot saying that could be the problem, then they spent nearly an hour trying to fix it, but couldn't do. They said it could be a fuse, but they still couldn't find the problem, so they said they'd phone an auto electrician tomorrow to have a look at it. My thoughts then were 'Kerching'!!, how much is this gonna cost! :ohmy: I asked and they said nothing, they'll pay for it! How about that eh!! Even though the warranty ran out a month ago and most likely wiring wasn't included in the 3 month warranty they won't charge me! I'm just glad I took it back to the seller and not the garage that does my MOT's and other stuff!! Even though he's cheap, I bet it'd cost me 50 quid at least! If the seller was to charge I reckon it'd be £150 to £200.🤔

DRM

Guru
Did they try to reset the roof, reading the link I put up it seems that getting the roof stuck triggered a fail safe, if the car doesn’t know where the roof is you can’t open the boot to prevent damage to the cabriolet roof, I’d be tempted to nip outside and go through the routine linked to

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did they try to reset the roof, reading the link I put up it seems that getting the roof stuck triggered a fail safe, if the car doesn’t know where the roof is you can’t open the boot to prevent damage to the cabriolet roof, I’d be tempted to nip outside and go through the routine linked to

I showed them the link you sent. They tried the method but no luck. They think it's a fuse or similar. Hopefully the auto-electrician will find the problem. :okay:

Top Bottom