My first 10+ miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ejectseat

I have just started to ride for fitness,

I have posted this info on a welcome thread but, not my own

By the way, this is my second proper ride out,

11miles, 54.31mins, 12mph avg, 30.5mph top, a couple of very long inclines but, no big hills.

Benthedoon

Keep up the good work.
I too recently started cycling for fitness/ weight loss and I'm loving it, at the start 10 miles was daunting but already (after just a couple of months) 20 is a sensible option for a Sunday morning.

Recovery time is down from 36 hours to about 10 minutes too.

Barbelier

Well done - a very good start.

It gets easier the more you do, although you'll want to go further, faster and attack some of those big hills as you get stronger!

OP
OP
E

ejectseat

Thanks for the positive remarks, goes a long way to keeping a eye on the next target distance,

15 or 20 or 25 or 30, who knows?

ramses

;) Great start, keep up the good work and watch you average speed climb up.;)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Well Done

Nice one.Keep putting the miles in and you will be doing longer/ faster before long.

Dont overlook the need for rest days,do too much and your times will start deteriorating.

battered

Guru
Good stuff. I'm sure you can do 15 or 20. Next week, how about having a 2 minute stop for a drink, see how you feel and go round again? If it takes you more than a day to recover, back off a bit, if not then carry on.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Next aim is to get fit enough to join us on a North Worcestershire ride, starting in Halesowen. 25 miles, fairly slow, but a lot of hills, usually. And a bacon butty stop if I get my way....

OP
OP
E

ejectseat

Thanks again for the positive comments,

I am going to do the same circuit a few times to improve speed and fitness, I think,

I may have to change my grips and saddle as my hands start to tingle around 3/4 distance and I had a wierd feeling in me tackle but, only for 15 seconds when I stopped for a drink.

photography27

well done for starting to cycle, it does get addictive after a while lol.
i started on a mtb doing 6 miles to work, avg speed was 10-12 mph, but now i have a road bike and avg speed is now between 15-19mph depending on headwind.
there is agreat satisfaction in cycling, passing all the car drivers just sat in their tin box's while you just amble pass them!!!

Top Bottom