My first 100+ miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixer Rob

:dance:completed a charity ride yesterday of 112 miles (should have been 108 but we got lost! :blush:)
in 7hrs 1 min....
my previous furthest ride was 52 miles....
bike performed well...and wasnt as hard as I expected,,,only really begun to suffer last 15-20 miles and a 3 mile long uphill drag just before the finish was hard going!!
and most importantly raised £250 in sponsor money for our local Douglas Macmillan Hospice....
had a great day and looking for ward to next challenge

feeling quite pleased with myself today!! :rolleyes:

rb58

Enigma
Well done!!! Good pace too.

OP
OP
Gixer Rob

Gixer Rob

Well done, that's quite a jump in mileage. I'm still to do a 100m ride, maybe I need to be a bit bolder!

Ive been nervous about it for last two weeks!! :smile:
set a date or event and go for it!!! you might suprise yourself!!!
really upped my training in last two months doing very hilly 30 mile rides at least twice a week and 17 milers 3 times a week....hill riding defo paid of on what was a flat/long slow inclines route......

im a 15 stone newbie to cycling so give it a go mate!!!!!!

Col5632

Guru
Even 85 miles is more than i've ever done before :ohmy: Planning on doing a 80 mile cycle in august though, its not just distance for me, its time to do the distance too :sad:

OP
OP
Gixer Rob

Gixer Rob

Even 85 miles is more than i've ever done before :ohmy: Planning on doing a 80 mile cycle in august though, its not just distance for me, its time to do the distance too :sad:

I told myself when i signed up that i didnt care if it took me 10 hrs and lots of stops i WOULD complete it!!
as a newbie all i can say is give it a go mate......
I am quite lucky as my job allows me a lot of free time to train in...

as it happens I was on for a time of 6hrs 40mins approx but my mate,who has done this ride twice before started to really suffer 20 miles from home....

Col5632

Guru
Still 7hrs is a bloody good time :thumbsup:

You on a road bike?

OP
OP
Gixer Rob

Gixer Rob

cheers...
yes,im on an ally frame/carbon forks gary fisher..bought from local paper,,4 months old and hardly any use,,,

photo-22.jpg

gixerob

RhythMick

Über Member
Ive been nervous about it for last two weeks!! :smile:
set a date or event and go for it!!! you might suprise yourself!!!
really upped my training in last two months doing very hilly 30 mile rides at least twice a week and 17 milers 3 times a week....hill riding defo paid of on what was a flat/long slow inclines route......

im a 15 stone newbie to cycling so give it a go mate!!!!!!
Good for you. I'm also a 15 stoner (down from 16 last Sept) and have been stepping my mileage up. I'm around 60 now, from being barely able to do 10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fubar

Guru
Well done, good milestone and great time as well! Now you need to decide on your next challenge...:thumbsup:

Top Bottom