My first 30 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Without sounding crass and blowing my own trumpet, I'm quite pleased with the progress I have made on my bike.

I bought the bike 2 weeks ago last Thursday with the intention of getting fit after a quarter century of drinking rum and fighting pirates for Her Majesty.

The 1st day saw me with the sorest rear end this side of the Mekong Delta, which then put paid to much more than 5-10 milers after that for nearly a week .

But the week that has just gone, I managed a couple of 10 milers , a couple of 20 milers and yesterday I cracked 30 miles. Agreed I'm a bit achy now, but I feel great for doing it.

https://www.strava.com/activities/649499992

I'm having the weekend off, then I'll be back on the bike again Monday, I can't wait !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done bud. Keep it up, it gets easier

Firestorm

Veteran
Well done.
151 feet elevation !! And I though my Essex rides were flat.....
30 miles is a good show for someone who has taken it up recently, and given the right shorts and maybe some cream, the backside soon gets a bit better.

DRM

Guru
Well done, your elevation comes in at 151 feet, I wish our hills were as small as that.
What he said, well done it is a good feeling to pass a milestone such as this

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Without sounding crass and blowing my own trumpet, I'm quite pleased with the progress I have made on my bike.

I bought the bike 2 weeks ago last Thursday with the intention of getting fit after a quarter century of drinking rum and fighting pirates for Her Majesty.

The 1st day saw me with the sorest rear end this side of the Mekong Delta, which then put paid to much more than 5-10 milers after that for nearly a week .

But the week that has just gone, I managed a couple of 10 milers , a couple of 20 milers and yesterday I cracked 30 miles. Agreed I'm a bit achy now, but I feel great for doing it.

https://www.strava.com/activities/649499992

I'm having the weekend off, then I'll be back on the bike again Monday, I can't wait !
Well played.

Keep at it and watch the miles roll on.

Top Bottom