My first "Big Ride" - and what a glorious day!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Sheffield_Tiger, 15 May 2010.

1. Ohh..my legs are going to be complaining - and my arse already is a bit!

Since Saturdays are now football-free I thought what better way to fill the first empty Saturday with a ride out via Rivelin - Derwent Valley - Kings Tree - Hathersage - Surprise View instead of putting the bike in the car to get there.

Some of you will think this is nowt but I haven't done anything like 45 miles for about 16 years so I am quite pleased with it. And the icing on the cake was an uphill scalp on the climb out of Hathersage on the way back - ok he was on an MTB whilst I was on the tourer but it being my first long ride out for so long, I reckon I'm allowed to claim it all the same!

And I especially enjoyed the slightly smug feeling of zipping past the "hire a bike for the 12 mile round ride" weekenders, knowing that I'd done the hard work of getting there under my own steam too

I think for my Sunday walk I shall have to avoid Jacobs Ladder or Kinder tomorrow and head out somewhere a little flatter though, my legs know they have done some work today!

I think I could get used to this cycling lark - I just hope my posterior can get used to it too!

2. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Nice route, I do very similar when I go out that way minus the reservoir. I prefer coming back through Baslow and chesterfield though sometimes living on the other side of the city.

Former User likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice