My first big ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boston Biker

I took my first big bike ride today. I usually commute to and from uni but that's only a few miles a day. Today I did 41.45 miles. I'll be feeling this tomorrow probably but today I'm very pleased with myself.

Come on then, tell us where you went. I used to live just outside Boston for a couple of years, and I am keen to know.

OP
OP
B

Boston Biker

Come on then, tell us where you went. I used to live just outside Boston for a couple of years, and I am keen to know.

I started out in Fenway heading east along the Charles then through Sommerville and Medford to Middlesex Fells Reservation and then back by way of North End and Faneuil Hall through Back Bay into Brookline to get a pita sandwhich and then finally back home to Fenway.

OP
OP
B

Boston Biker

Well done. Now time to plan your next milestone of a 50 miler..

I feel like I could have kept going. I just stopped because the weather was taking a turn toward the worse and I was hungry. I work 17 hours a day everyday except I get one day off per week. I was originally shooting for 30 but I went to 34 my way back and felt like "why not bring it up to 40 since I'm already halfway there."

OP
OP
B

Boston Biker

All work, no play .... etc.

You need more cycling in your life.

Congrats on your ride. A few more of these and you'll be taking time off to tour.

Oh I know believe me I wouldn't be able to maintain this job schedule long-term but it's only a 7 week thing. I'm faculty at a summer program for kids ages 12-14. After that I'm taking a bit of a break and focusing on family, friends, and cycling.

Top Bottom