my first canal tow path ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rh100

I took a similar route back from Earlswood, but went through Lapworth itself and along the back of Packwood House, turning right just after going under the big bridge onto Bakers Lane, bought me out by the Black Boy and then onto the canal, coming off the canal at Kenilworth road and via Barston to Eastcote then down Friday lane to The Boat. Bit of a long way around :smile:

kewb

think i might have came up with a new sport ?

when cycling along canal path attach a fishing pole to bike and trawl a lure in said canal ,

kill two birds with one stone  :biggrin:

SMD

Years ago I was riding along the towpath north of Stratford upon Avon. It was winter and muddy, The front wheel slipped and I took a dive into the canal. Did you know they aren't actually that deep? I found out that day. Also found out how horrible it is to ride 10 miles home in soaking wet clothes on a cold winters day.

OP
OP
mrsbaggins

mrsbaggins

Interesting. I usually take the road route when I am doing my long route home, going up Friday street and then battling the 4x4s through Knowle, but skirting Dorridge. What is the path like? Hard or muddy?

It was my first time but the person I went with said it was the best they had seen it. I think thats due to lack of recent rainfall. There was one puddle and that was it the rest of the track was great.

mark barker

thanks for that. I was aware of it but I had done nothing about it! do people actually get asked for these? I guess its an offence not to have one?

I was told I needed one by a lock keeper near Wombourne, Wolverhampton. I think they were doing an awareness thing at the time because he had some printed out and just gave me one there. I laminated it and cable tied it to my frame so its there if I'm ever asked again.

Top Bottom