my first commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephyt

it was only a mile each way but as it was technically to work im calling it my first commute haha..

i went to work in the store in cramlington as they were short staffed instead of my usual store in the metrocentre ^_^ (coundnt be doin a 30mile aprox' round trip on me mtb knobblies and my rubbish fitness ATM lol:wacko:) did mention about transferin to that branch no can do yet as no vacancies:sad:

had to buy some trouser clips for coming home as my trousers are quite big at the bottom and could see they were about to get cought in the gears on way there :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
well done....:thumbsup:

Congratulations Stephyt. It reminds me of my first commute when i set off down the road. I thought to myself "what am i doing? i've got a car parked on the drive". And that's pretty much where it's stayed since.

OP
OP
stephyt

stephyt

thanx everyone ;) i would have stayed out n cycled more than the mere 1 mile but it was pourin it down and had me uniform on.. thinking if i ever get to do it again will wear something more comfy and get changed at work lol ... wish i worked closer to home :rolleyes:

baldycyclist

Über Member
good on you steph - now it is time to go from your place to the metro centre!!!!!!!! You can get most of the way on nice roads!!!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done Stephyt! :bravo:
I always cycle in my uniform, can't be bothered changing. If it rains I'll put something waterproof on top. Just put your trousers in your socks, carry a spare pair of socks in case they get wet.
The 30 mile commute will follow soon! :bicycle:

OP
OP
stephyt

stephyt

Well done Stephyt! :bravo:
I always cycle in my uniform, can't be bothered changing. If it rains I'll put something waterproof on top. Just put your trousers in your socks, carry a spare pair of socks in case they get wet.
The 30 mile commute will follow soon! :bicycle:
thanx pat good advice ^_^ im hoping to try the 30 miler when i get sorted with a roadie later in the year :bicycle: maybe give it a couple trial runs before committing to it for now im happy just cycling around for fun keep fit :laugh:

Top Bottom