My First Duathlon

Discussion in 'Cyclocross (CX), Duathlon and Triathlon' started by hoppym27, 22 May 2018.

1. hoppym27

hoppym27 Well-Known Member

Im taking part in my first duathlon on Saturday...admittedly Im doing it in a relay and Im just doing the bike leg....what does everyone carry with them? Its a 13 mile leg which means 3 laps. Im guessing most people are going to say strip the bike down! But Im not very quick anyway and its a low key event, I was thinking of taking my tool bottle with a spare tube and puncture kit in one of the cages, just in case the P fairy visits halfway through a lap.....what does everyone else say?

2. http://www.velominati.com/2016/07/on-rule-42-running-is-balls-even-for-the-maillot-jaune/#42

3. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Specialized Super Fan

I have done a few duathlon's. I would love to do a relay one though as my running is slowly getting quicker.....x

4. Charlotte Alice Button

Just enjoy the experience, it's all a learning curve....

5. OP
    OP
    hoppym27

I ended up taking my tool bottle and saddlebag.. I guessed I'm not quick enough for it to matter...enjoyed it though!

User13710 and Dogtrousers like this.
  6. Charlotte Alice Button

Yesss!! As long as you enjoyed it! I have a while duathlon tonight :hyper:

7. OP
    OP
    hoppym27

Thanks, I didnt take any notice anyway....I saw it was a video link and couldnt be bothered watching it all the way through....

User13710 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice