My first p*#ct>#e.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joemaxi

I fixed my first unmentionable yesterday since I was about 12! Ok, so it was in the comfort of my back garden,in the sun and it was kinda weird when I remembered how long ago it was since I had to do this.I've only recently came back to cycling and noticed my mtb had a flat so out came the repair kit and 15 minutes later it was all done!

There was a lovely inch and a half long,very sharp nail stuck in the tyre. I must have picked it up on the canal towpath last week-thank god it got me home. I carry a spare tube but could do without the hassle of changing it at the side of the canal!

I hope I don't get a visit from the fairy for a long,long long time!!

Garz

Squat Member
First... I went my first 1k+ road bike miles without any, however in last couple of months I've had three in the front and two rear ones! >:sad:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Muddyfox said:
At least this time you did'nt get a smack round the back of your head for bending your Mum's best dessert spoons :biggrin:

Simon

Haven't had my spoons bent (fnaar fnaar) since my buddy last fixed a puncture at my place. No levers. No pump. No patches. No spoons. Seemingly no ability to differentiate between cheap and nasty bendy spoons (which he kept selecting) and nice stiff spoons (which he kept ignoring).

The result was like watching accelerated natural selection on our spoon drawer.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The only puncture I've had in 1400 miles on my road bike was during a road race in South Africa when I heard something going tick tick tick in the front tyre then a few minutes later it went flat right in the middle of a dodgy area. I found myself surrounded by a gang of young Cape Coloured boys who wanted my bottle, cash, anything and my tube, which disappeared. I was relieved to get moving and shortly after that I saw a lad with about 20 inner tubes looped around his shoulder - methinks they were chucking tacks on the road just ahead of their area!

Globalti said:
The only puncture I've had in 1400 miles on my road bike was during a road race in South Africa when I heard something going tick tick tick in the front tyre then a few minutes later it went flat right in the middle of a dodgy area. I found myself surrounded by a gang of young Cape Coloured boys who wanted my bottle, cash, anything and my tube, which disappeared. I was relieved to get moving and shortly after that I saw a lad with about 20 inner tubes looped around his shoulder - methinks they were chucking tacks on the road just ahead of their area!
Did you see this guy? :wahhey:

Grosset-copy-3_668907a.jpg

The b'stard got away with it :biggrin:

Top Bottom