My first road bike: the first few miles on a Bianchi 928!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
N

Nick1979

OK, time for an update:
I rode about 50 miles this weekend including a few fast(ish) laps at Richmond Park and feel both of us are getting on better and better together!

As gavintc said, I now spend more time on the big ring, but have to switch quite often back to the small one because of the lights/traffic. And because there is no gear indicator like on my hybrid, I tend to forget which gear I'm on and often end up crossing the chain (small ring with a small cog, or big ring with a big cog).
I still find switching to the big ring quite difficult. I have to push the lever all the way (I think there is 3 'clicks') but often it's enough to switch, I have to keep pressing on it for a few crank turns for the gear to engage, is it normal or does my front dérailleur need some tweaking?
The change is also a bit brutal, especially when I try switching down 2 cogs at the same time!

Regarding the handling, I'm very happy with the bike now!! It's really a cracking big toy! I just still have problems quickly switching from the "in the drops" position to "on the hoods" without some dangerous weaving but I'm sure a bit more practise will make this easy!

I'm officially a (Italian!) roadie fan now ;)

gavintc

Guru
I will avoid digs at Campag, but my wife has it on both her bikes and I find when I am playing around with the gears during maintenance that it needs a good hard press to engage. The Campag fans like the positive (read agricultural) feel of Campag.

Top Bottom