My first weather rant of the winter....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Rain; please stop! It started about 8.00 on Tuesday morning and has not stopped. Literally, it has NOT stopped day and night. Driving rain being blown in by a cold east wind. I would far rather have the snow that most other places are getting; but this stuff is horrible. Walked to Morrisons for essential supplies earlier and got soaked despite appropriate clothing. I hadn't been over the door since Monday. Forecast is for it to continue well into Friday, then the next ice age arrives. No wonder cycling is very much a minority activity in this area, it takes a certain type of nutter to ride here!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sun's out here. :sun:

Fram

DSC06784.JPG
Not a day for the bike.

Drago

Legendary Member
Been off the bike for a few days with a wonky neck. Today the neck felt better, but it was too foggy to consider safely sallying forth on the bike. Nuts.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I share your pain :rain:
If there is anywhere wetter on this planet than the Ayrshire section of the Clyde, it is Greenock! My mate lives down "the splash" (keen cyclist - you might even know him) and even he has been housebound since Monday.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
First decent day in Manchester land for a while. My knee is recovering. Back to back meetings all day today, not been able to get out on the bike. Might do an early finish as it's not going dark until 4:45pm

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Annual? It's usually WEEKLY! I must be mellowing.......
Despite popular opinion my bit of Mull is not all that wet when other places are teeming. Today is the first rain we have had all week. South end near Iona is usually dry but the middle bit seems to get the bulk of the rain.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Rain; please stop! It started about 8.00 on Tuesday morning and has not stopped. Literally, it has NOT stopped day and night. Driving rain being blown in by a cold east wind. I would far rather have the snow that most other places are getting; but this stuff is horrible. Walked to Morrisons for essential supplies earlier and got soaked despite appropriate clothing. I hadn't been over the door since Monday. Forecast is for it to continue well into Friday, then the next ice age arrives. No wonder cycling is very much a minority activity in this area, it takes a certain type of nutter to ride here!
I moved eastwards and your curse has followed me..
Try moving to Canada (or Barbados)please:rain:

Fram

Despite popular opinion my bit of Mull is not all that wet when other places are teeming. Today is the first rain we have had all week. South end near Iona is usually dry but the middle bit seems to get the bulk of the rain.
Apparently there are snowdrops on Iona. We're a long way off that!
West is best?
But this was August 2014. Soaking soon after Fionnphort. Fierce downdrafts round by Gribun. Fortunately squeezed into Tob. SYHA
IMG_9577.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom