My good deed for the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi again.
Out and about again tonight on my bike. It's was quite windy tonight and it felt like I was stuck in a head wind whatever direction I travelled. As I came round a corner , lying on the road was a bird's nest with three chicks wedged tightly inside making a right old racket. It was a fairly busy road and I just knew it was only a matter of time before a car was going to run straight over them.
I couldn't leave them there so I hoped off my bike and waved the on coming cars to stop so I could pick up the nest safely. The chicks inside were going absolutely beserk protesting with me moving them with there mouths wide open hoping for some food off me. The nest was directly below a largish tree overhanging the road so I ( which I'm proud I could still do at my age ) climbed up the tree and wedged the nest securely between two branches.
Once back down and ripping my cycling Jersey grrrrr i thought it was a good time for a drink and an energy bar and watch to see if the parent's would return. I wasn't holding much hope after me handling the nest but to my surprise the parent's returned after 15 minutes and started feeding them up again. Ok I got a ripped jersey and a small graze on my back side shimmying down the tree but it was worth it. I would of felt a right heel if I was to ignore it and let them get flattened by a car.
There's never a day that goes by when cycling, that something interesting happens :-)

Last edited:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Well done for doing that. A nice positive story.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi again.
Out and about again tonight on my bike. It's was quite windy tonight and it felt like I was stuck in a head wind whatever direction I travelled. As I came round a corner , lying on the road was a bird's nest with three chicks wedged tightly inside making a right old racket. It was a fairly busy road and I just knew it was only a matter of time before a car was going to run straight over them.
I couldn't leave them there so I hoped off my bike and waved the on coming cars to stop so I could pick up the nest safely. The chicks inside were going absolutely beserk protesting with me moving them with there mouths wide open hoping for some food off me. The nest was directly below a largish tree overhanging the road so I ( which I'm proud I could still do at my age ) climbed up the tree and wedged the nest securely between two branches.
Once back down and ripping my cycling Jersey grrrrr i thought it was a good time for a drink and an energy bar and watch to see if the parent's would return. I wasn't holding much hope after me handling the nest but to my surprise the parent's returned after 15 minutes and started feeding them up again. Ok I got a ripped jersey and a small graze on my back side shimmying down the tree but it was worth it. I would of felt a right heel if I was to ignore it and let them get flattened by a car.
There's never a day that goes by when cycling, that something interesting happens :-)
:notworthy:
Good on ya.:bravo:

gbb

Legendary Member
Little things matter...nice one :okay:

Hi again.
There used to be a member on here @buggy who did something similar and earned the sig line 'bird saviour' , it looks like you are the new saviour well done:okay:

Top Bottom