My happy sounding bicycle bell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At last, I've discovered a bicycle bell that has a pleasant tinkle, doesn't offend those who are straying into my path and is worth its weight in gold. Happy days :smile:

IMG_0118.jpeg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
This thread is worthless without an audio sample :tongue:

a.twiddler

Veteran
I have a large Dutch style bell and people respond positively to its lowish frequency "dong-ding". On the other hand I've had no adverse reactions to the pinger I've used most of my cycling life, or the "brringg -brringg" one that I used for a while before I stopped using it thinking it might be a little too assertive. The Dutch style one pleases me the most. Perhaps because of its size, it has a lingering sound before it fades away. I hope this isn't going to be the beginning of a 300 page thread on deaf/headphone wearing shared path users!

R. Panda

I've got a Crane bell like this:
8b62f1b6204236942412fa2040ad6d~mv2_d_1680_1500_s_2.jpg

It's really hard to ignore and looks good on my workhorse. I may need to get a lionbell one, as I am a sucker for all things custom and they seem to offer custom engraving.

On my gravel and MTB bikes I have really boring generic bells that I'm ashamed to ring, but they are boring and generic bikes so that kind of fits.

freiston

Veteran
I've got a Crane bell like this:
View attachment 658117

It's really hard to ignore and looks good on my workhorse. I may need to get a lionbell one, as I am a sucker for all things custom and they seem to offer custom engraving.

On my gravel and MTB bikes I have really boring generic bells that I'm ashamed to ring, but they are boring and generic bikes so that kind of fits.

I have a Crane Sakura too but in silver. Mine's on a drop bar touring bike and is mounted on a stem spacer.

Top Bottom