My @ key has...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
...swapped places on my laptop with my " key, apparently without me doing anything.
Or not anything that I'm aware of.
Slightly irritating. There may be other changes I haven't yet discovered.

Thread of the year chances?

Slick

Guru
You must have set some "Hot Keys".

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A practical answer, your key board has defaulted to US not UK. Change it in the settings back to UK.

Probably something to do with Brexit:laugh:
Yes, that's certainly where the @ sign is in the US layout. There may be two keyboards installed, US and UK. Windows key + space bar will toggle between them, if both are installed. (I use the US International one as default because of the ease of using French and German accents and only toggle over to the UK one when I want to use a £ sign.)

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Happened to me a couple of times. A restart fixes it.

irw

Quadricyclist
I wonder if Microsoft did something recently- My laptop has been the wrong way round since I reinstalled Windows a few months ago- I didn't bother changing it, as the 'wrong way' puts it the same way as my main desktop (mac) keyboard, until about a week ago when it decided to correct itself (very annoying, as I've been doing a lot of programming on my laptop recently, and I use " a lot!).

So I went with it, as quite frankly I can't be bothered arguing with windows 10 anymore, and have no idea where the setting is nowadays (another reason why I left it in the first place.

Now this was all well and good, until a couple of days (and a lot of programming) later, it has decided to swap them back again. ARGH! Give me back Windows XP. At least that just worked how I needed it to rather than how microsoft thinks I should.

Top Bottom