My lads first road ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven1988

Veteran
Took my ten year old out on his first road bike yesterday, a Wiggins Rouen 650C. He did really well and managed to keep his position apart from when he was going for the big ring. I didn't get any pics but the only one i have is from the shop when we bought it a month ago, its been on the turbo since.
20190112_160137.jpg

Good on both of you , I love seeing kids on road bikes, I often see a chap out with his lad , he looks about twelve, both on matching bikes and matching kit, I hope you have many happy rides together.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Nice one:okay:
Hope we see you out and about:becool:
My lad(11) has been on the road coming up to three years now and he loves it!

Hope your lad is enjoying the Rouen @steven1988 :okay:

I've been riding my 650C for two and a half years (yes, I *am* that short) and it's a cracking bike. It's been ridden in all weathers, been commuted on, been crashed and it's taken everything that's been thrown at it in its stride. Plus it always gets admired wherever I go. Have just added a Chartres 26 to the stable as well...

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
Hope your lad is enjoying the Rouen @steven1988 :okay:

I've been riding my 650C for two and a half years (yes, I *am* that short) and it's a cracking bike. It's been ridden in all weathers, been commuted on, been crashed and it's taken everything that's been thrown at it in its stride. Plus it always gets admired wherever I go. Have just added a Chartres 26 to the stable as well...
He absolutely loves it, his only issue is going to the big ring, i am going to convert it to 1x at some point,

Wobbling

Regular
Oh happy days reminds me of when I took my son out years of fun together great times wait till he gets his confidence up and starts attacking you on the hills lol

lane

Veteran
Great - my lad had a Rouen for a while

Top Bottom