My little Jaunt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Good write up - where did you stay in Newcastle (just cannot recognise it from the photo) - I presume the highest speed was down Crawleyside into Stanhope? Some steep climbs around that area but some excellent cycling - really enjoyed your journey.

We stayed in the travel lodge pretty much on the water front. Perfectly pleasant! I'm afraid I couldnt tell you exactly where The top speed was, apart from it was about halway between Newcastle and Bishops Aukland :laugh:

Keith Oates

Janner
A good write up and photos of a interesting trip, well done.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
First few pictures I thought you'd brought along a swarm of bees attached to your chin then I realised it was a Simon Geschke Giant Alpecin caffeine-grown beard, to help with aerodynamics.

Some did get lost didn't they! How did those guys end up trogging through a field of cows with road bikes?

Congrats anyway! Neurofen is your friend next time that knee plays up.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
First few pictures I thought you'd brought along a swarm of bees attached to your chin then I realised it was a Simon Geschke Giant Alpecin caffeine-grown beard, to help with aerodynamics.

Some did get lost didn't they! How did those guys end up trogging through a field of cows with road bikes?

Congrats anyway! Neurofen is your friend next time that knee plays up.

I'm surprised it got this far without someone mentioning my Aero-Beard! ;)

I was one of those guys! Google maps recognised it as a bridleway or something. We were in the middle of nowhere and the trail was only a mile or so, seemed silly to go back!

Top Bottom