My Lovely Perry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboytaylor

This here is my new winter/commuting bike.

4154098702_7a25be84c2_m.jpg

It's a simple 7005 alu frame, purchased from Harry Perry Cycles in Woolwich.

I've wanted something a bit less aggressively angled than my other bike for a while and also fancied having a go at building a bike myself, so ordered just the frame, guards and long-reach calipers.

4153340025_83b1a6c6a8_m.jpg

The beauty of ordering from Perrys is that you can have whatever colour you like so long as the frame painter can match it. I went for Midnight Blue. Unfortunately these hastily taken pics don't quite do it justice. When we get a decent bit of daylight, I'll take some more.

4153340819_cf91fa8f25_m.jpg

The bars, cranks and derailleurs were taken from my old bike, but I had upgraded quite a lot, so the cranks and derailleurs were less than a year old. The wheels are my weekend wheels - Open Pros on Ultegra hubs.

It's early days (I've ridden to work today and y'day) but it rides really well. It feels slightly longer than my other bike and the top of the fork tube(?) isn't cut down so much, so it's a better riding position for commuting and not so hard going on my neck and shoulders.

Can heartily recommend Paul at Harry Perrys. The frame did take longer to arrive than I might have liked (delays in getting it here and then from the painters), but as you can see from the concrete floors and temporary chipboard worktops we are having a lot of building work done and I would not have had time to build it up before! I've been off the bike for 6 weeks so it's been great to get back out there on my new steed.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm dead chuffed with it and want to tell everyone :becool::thumbsup:!

Top Bottom