My mind the bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Most of my mind is made from bicycle parts. However, imagine a world without bikes (I know it's hard).

What would you do instead?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Drive.
Then walk.
Or even go on the bus except arriva pulled the buses from our villaga.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Is the bicycle just a mode of transport to everyone? Surely it's so much more - for a start you are all on CC - without bikes there would be no CC - what would you be doing now if not posting?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I would find an alternative way to get my kicks:

chariot3.jpeg

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
Globalti said:
I would find an alternative way to get my kicks:

chariot3.jpeg

that's more like it :biggrin:

dav1d

tundragumski said:
Most of my mind is made from bicycle parts. However, imagine a world without bikes (I know it's hard).

What would you do instead?

Invent the bicycle.:biggrin:

I'd walk as first preference. I'm learning to enjoy walking more and more. It's good exercise, and the weather really isn't too much of a factor if you carry a brolly/rolled up fleece in your backpack.

Second choice, public transport because I get to read. I've been reading one book that I keep just for bus journeys for over a month now. Quite looking forward to reading the next chapter or two next time I take the bus.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
tundragumski said:
Is the bicycle just a mode of transport to everyone? Surely it's so much more - for a start you are all on CC - without bikes there would be no CC - what would you be doing now if not posting?

Yep, it's just a mode of transport and not a way of life. If I wasn't posting here I'd be using Facebook, O Gauge railway modelling forums, aeromodelling forums, emailing folk or even having conversations when I'm not setting fire to things or exploding things. When not cycling I'm doing other things that are equally or more enjoyable.

My mind flits from one item of interest to another I'd be bored witless if it was confined solely to cycling matters.

gbb

Legendary Member
Way of life for me :blush:
Its more than just transport, its so many things, half the time you dont even realise what they are :laugh:...
Simple but functional mechanics, i love mechanical things anyway, love to fettle and play.
Why do i (we) look at bikes as they pass...they're not beautiful in the normal sense, i cant answer that one, but i know i always look at bikes :laugh:
Freedom to travel where and when you like at no cost (errr....you know what i mean :biggrin:)
Self competetiveness, you work hard to achieve a level of fitness, always want to push harder, get faster, go longer...and the minute you're off the bike for a while, all that hard works slowly being wasted. You HAVE to keep going :sad:
Its a pastime...every hobby you have will involve aquiring things associated with that hobby. Tools, spares, ebay, LBS's (they're the only time i'm glad to be in a shop)
And being out in the fresh air ?...i hate being confined.

Top Bottom