My my Steak Pie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I might not be the pie master of these boards ( @vernon ) but after my winters day 53 miles on the bike today my homemade Steak & Veg pie went down a treat. The pastry was made with suet which gives you a really crisp and firm pie. The steak filling was stewed in the oven for 3 hours with leeks, onions, celery & carrots in a rich beef stock.

image.jpg

Last edited:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Oh that looks delicious!!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
@jayonabike your review does not actually matter, but I am curious if you have posted some to @vernon for review in line with the rules.

Velopie rule #402
An item of pastry with filling could be nothing more than a PSO (pie shape object) filled with contordor steak and water, it is only considered a pie once certified by the UCI (Union Crustypie Internationale) for which Vernon is the UK authority

Good effort though looks really tasty, but as the saying goes, no @vernon, no pie :laugh:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I cant stop looking at the picture "PIE" ummmm my favourite ... being from Wigan I know a good pie when I see one :thumbsup:

No you don't. Get out further afield and taste real pies. There's a difference between eating and savouring you know. :thumbsup:

No you don't. Get out further afield and taste real pies. There's a difference between eating and savouring you know. :thumbsup:
Any one that's born in wigan is nicknamed a "PIE EATER"
I grew on pies .... if fact my mums food when pregnant with me was " PIES"
hence 11 lb 7oz baby boy .... Its in my blood ... and tomorrow it will be in my belly :thumbsup:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Any one that's born in wigan is nicknamed a "PIE EATER"
I grew on pies .... if fact my mums food when pregnant with me was " PIES"
hence 11 lb 7oz baby boy .... Its in my blood ... and tomorrow it will be in my belly :thumbsup:

If my siblings and I were onions you'd be considered for pickling at that birthweight.

Quantity is no substitute for quality. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom