My new Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Picked up this very nice late eighties(I think) Bianchi Premio 843. Columbus tubing and Shimano Exage groupset. All for about thirty quid! In quite good order. Had to replace the gear cables and put a seat post and seat on it as these items were missing. Originally supplied through a dealer in Hamburg. Rides very nicely but a little heavy. Even has the Bianchi water bottle.
Rather oddly has a triple up front. The rear mech is a 300LX which is a long cage, even though it's 13/26 block. All the info for it comes up on German sites so may have been made for the German market.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
That looks great for £30.

daysnways

That's nice, quite a fancy paint job for a Bianchi! All my bikes are heavy too!! Shame about the size, but you did the right thing giving it a good home.

Drago

Legendary Member
Thirty sheets firm that beauty? You jammy git!

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
These sort of bikes are just not popular here, everyone wants MTBs, mainly because of the state of the roads. In fact the Chinese and Italian made ones are very good, even have some cycle paths but the cars try to use them! I will post some pics of Caprice in Accra where you can have your pick of more than a thousand bikes! There is also a place called Tudu where you can get most spares. If you fancy coming out of season fares are about £800.

Top Bottom