My new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trevrev

Veteran
I took delivery of my nice Kona Dew Delux from Evans today.
Got it all set up just how i like it ride, took it for it's first spin up the road and noticed the front wheel is very slightly out of true.
It's got an annoying wobble............A very small wobble......Grrrrrr.
Nothing major, but it's there.
I feel like a right Victor Meldrew, but it needs to be sorted.
Anyone had problems at all with Evans after sales service?

Trev.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's annoying. You can always ride toan Evans with a copy of the receipt to ask them to fix. . However if it's only slightly out of true, why don't you have a go yourself at truing it?

OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
I was thinking of having a go at it myself. Just thinking of voiding the warranty.
At the same time i don't want to send the whole bike back just for this little problem.
As for riding to the closest Evans, the nearest to me is Brighton, and i'm in Southampton!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have a gander on You Tube. Plenty of wheel truing vids on there. Only do quarter turn at a time of each nipple.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was thinking of having a go at it myself. Just thinking of voiding the warranty.
At the same time i don't want to send the whole bike back just for this little problem.
As for riding to the closest Evans, the nearest to me is Brighton, and i'm in Southampton!

Phone them and ask their advice? :smile:

Zee

Veteran
Trev, truing the wheel yourself wouldn't void the warranty and there is very little chance of you doing any serious damage. As Ian: youtube is your friend. In any case, new bikes come with a free six week tune up so if it all goes wrong with the truing, you can hop on the train and take it back?

Top Bottom