My new job/First commute.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Last Friday i was made redundant from my job which due to the nature of my employment was'nt such a shock (no redundancy money though).However it now looks like it was meant to be.Within a week i had found a new job,less stress and responsibility but for pretty much the same money.My original job was 2 minutes round the corner and my new job is 7 miles each way so i'm really happy to actually get a few miles in on the bike commuting.And just as an added bonus my new boss told me this morning he's signing up for the cycle to work scheme :wahhey:
Had to take the car today as i had uniform etc to collect but tomorrow is my first day of commute by bike.Just been and brought some waterproof Berghaus overtrousers,mudguards etc and i'm now ready for whatever the commute throws at me.............Bring it on :boxing:

Berties

Fast and careful!
Good luck !i commute most days on the bike,it's all good and a great start to the day,congrats on new job

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
The commute takes in half of my short ride loop so i know the roads well but there is one hill on the way in which although fairly short is a killer so i'm looking forward to tracking my progress up that bugger with toe cap boots on etc :ohmy:

MisterStan

Label Required
The commute takes in half of my short ride loop so i know the roads well but there is one hill on the way in which although fairly short is a killer so i'm looking forward to tracking my progress up that bugger with toe cap boots on etc :ohmy:
Congrats on the new job. You should set this hill up as a Strava segment to track it!

tiswas-steve

Über Member
I was made redundant also last week, I knew it was coming so I lined up another job. My new commute is the opposite of yours, I'm going from a nice 6 miles each way trip to a round trip of about 4 miles a day !! Still, at least I get an extra hour in bed. Its gonna make my weekend rides more enjoyable tho.

Hoooorayyy !!

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
I was made redundant also last week, I knew it was coming so I lined up another job. My new commute is the opposite of yours, I'm going from a nice 6 miles each way trip to a round trip of about 4 miles a day !! Still, at least I get an extra hour in bed. Its gonna make my weekend rides more enjoyable tho.

Hoooorayyy !!
Another perk to my new job,no weekends working.....forgot about that so yup weekend riding for me too :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Well a couple of lessons learnt on my first day of commuting by bike......i really need a more breathable jacket,i need a better rucksack,my seat needed to go forward a bit and i need wider handlebars,other than that it was great,knackering but great :heat:

Top Bottom