My New Steed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
This my first road bike in nearly 20years - its not the most expensive machine in the world and its not a carbon lightweight - but its getting me fitter, lighter and healthier.

bike (2).jpg

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Nothing wrong with a Raleigh. I have one of their more exotic offerings

Attachments

• U6.jpg
    U6.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 56
A guy at work has recently got one of these, like you say, it's not the most expensive or exclusive bike by any stretch, and it's not my personal cup of tea with the sloping geometry TBH, but it looks great going down the road and it rode the Manchester to Blackpool as well as my bike that cost, well a fair bit more :whistle:

Raleigh really seem to be enjoying a re-resurgence lately, and I for one say good luck to them :thumbsup:

SPT55WH.jpg

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Its had a few changes made to it - new BB after only 6 weeks, new bar tape, shimano spd sl's, and now a new charge spoon and some gatorskin ultrasports booties.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Only Fools and Horses. Trigger was proud of the fact he'd had the same broom for donkeys years, and it had only had 10 new heads and 15 new handles all the time he'd owned it :biggrin:

In other words, it wasn't the same broom he believed it to be. I'm just joking that's all, no offence buddy :thumbsup:

no offence taken - but the bike is only about 2 months old and i've put 1000miles on the clock already not bad for a guy that was nearly 19 stone in february and now weighs 15st

OP
OP
J

jowwy

its not been easy - but i have always enjoyed biking but hadn't done it for at least 10yrs - back in 2005 i had my leg broken playing football and had to give up football or risk not walking again - only have half a right knee joint now.

so i had pretty much given up on everything sports wise except for golf from that day on. my weight ballooned from 14st to 18st 9lbs.

I didn't know that tho until i jumped on my neices wii on xmas day. 6 weeks later i decided it was time to make the change.

Got my fitness pal onto my galaxy and swapped cakes, biscuits and pringes for fish, fruits and salads. dusted off the excercise bike and started doing 20mins a night 3 times a week. when i was more comfortable with my sie a bought the road bike and gone from there. i know commute the 30 mile round trip to work through the underlating welsh valleys twice a week, do a 30 miler on a saturday morning and play golf sunday. target goal 14st. i now have 16lbs left to lose and have the new steed to help me.

Top Bottom