My new trike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
mn7zlBG.jpg

I've now just gotten used to riding it!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nice..
Would love to try one. Apparently they take a while to get used to. Not as easy to ride as they look, especially cornering.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice..
Would love to try one. Apparently they take a while to get used to. Not as easy to ride as they look, especially cornering.
They're certainly 'interesting' in corners. :eek:
The technique is completely the opposite of a 2 wheeler in that you need to keep the inside pedal down and all your weight on it whilst hanging off like a loon getting your body weight inside. I was having a natter with a fellow trike rider (he'd got a Longstaff) and his comment was "It brings out the inner 3yr old in you)
I'd love one but the price :eek: makes even a ICE recumbent trike look cheap.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I saw something really odd last week. It was a tandem trike. It looked really difficult to ride as well. Going Into a corner the front cyclist was leaning Into the corner, and exiting the bend the stoker was leaning In the opposite direction. It looked quite scary. I've never seen anything like that before.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
When I first got on it I couldn't go in a straight line never mind round corners. Now I can ride it almost as well as a 2 wheeler. It's way more fun to ride though, definitely does bring out the 3 year old.

Sharky

Guru
That's it. It looks bloody scary when your behind someone riding it. Especially on bends.

Some of my passengers would agree with you!

Bicycles are steered by balance and balanced by steering, just like aircraft. Trikes are steered by steering and balanced by balancing, just like cars.
It is no coincidence that the inventors of flying were bicycle mechanics, not car builders.

Top Bottom