My "oh so clever" fall!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Damp road and change of surface, a sure recipe for a fall especially at that speed.

Wades

I don't know why but I physically clenched watching that video
eek.gif
. Haven't had a on road off for years (SPD training doesn't count!) but it's only a matter of time!

Get well soon chap!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Poor sod, heal up soon!

A lesson to all riders there, over-exuberant behaviour can have consequences and adrenaline can delay the pain. Brake on the straight on approach, cornering is a skill it can take years to master, and I'm still learning 20 years on.

When I was a kid I used to ride down a steep hill, through the green lights, pull left into a Toys R Us car park and walk the bike across a pedestrian crossing. However after having 2 weeks off on holiday I attempted the very same and was off'd via a new kerb the store had put in place. Over the handlebars, superman and landing full body weight sliding across my palms with no gloves. That f***ing hurt.

Kerb has now been lowered, but now replaced by a large gate, LOL!

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Poor sod, heal up soon!

A lesson to all riders there, over-exuberant behaviour can have consequences and adrenaline can delay the pain. Brake on the straight on approach, cornering is a skill it can take years to master, and I'm still learning 20 years on.

When I was a kid I used to ride down a steep hill, through the green lights, pull left into a Toys R Us car park and walk the bike across a pedestrian crossing. However after having 2 weeks off on holiday I attempted the very same and was off'd via a new kerb the store had put in place. Over the handlebars, superman and landing full body weight sliding across my palms with no gloves. That f***ing hurt.

Kerb has now been lowered, but now replaced by a large gate, LOL!

:sad: that just went through my mum and dad! sounds terrible.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
:biggrin:

Seriously though fella heal quickly!

Well yesterday I had to take the bandage off to re-adjust it and just caught a sneak peak of the wound. It hass healed nicely but there is a road rash besides it which is stuck to the cotton wool strips now. I will have to tell the doctor so he doesnt rip the scab off. If he does then I will certainly hit him.

Top Bottom