My old beater bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedder2212

Not sure if its in the right place so if this isn't then please move it.

Bit of a back story and the reason why im even bothering with this bike.
Granddad bought the bike new a long time ago, Rode it a few times and chucked it in the shed. When I were fifteen he dragged it out, pumped up the tyres and gave it to me, I got another bike not long after and put this one back into the shed. A few days ago we were clearing the shed out and found the bike again. Ive been needing a bike that I can use to get around town on for a little while so ive set about getting this one riding again.
12006376_1496311730683987_5093676177450430801_n.jpg

Gave the gear and brake cables a quick oil, tweaked the gears and brakes. Put some air in the tyres and she was golden. Rode fine.
12004085_1496311754017318_410936070378139317_n.jpg

after a great battle I got the old rear reflector and light off and installed the crappy pannier rack that I had lying around. Now I look at it, I need to move the bolts on the lower sections back and maybe bend the piece that attaches to the frame under the seat a bit.

Plans -
New tyres - Schwalbe city jets probably.
Fit V-Brakes - Should have some in the parts bin.
Remove the awfull yellow bottle cage, maybe install a different one.

Remove/Bodge stuck seatpost so I can make the saddle higher. Its already caved in due to repeated hammer blows so probably going to cut it and bash a new seatpost in - ill be the only person to ever ride this so doesn't matter much.

Fit the old shopping basket that I have to the rear rack.
Ride the hell out of it.

Ill update as I go along, made this thread as a progress log for myself really.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@hedder2212 just enjoy it

Top Bottom