My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
36353BB2-0C06-4845-AE45-7D26E5AB6C9D.jpeg

A Chelsea Pensioner playing conkers at the World Championships in Southwick today, watched by a couple of large leprechauns.

You don’t see this happening every day!

:smile:

john59

Guru
Birkenhead Park Run, from yesterday!
IMG_20171007_093045 (1).jpg

Ovenden windfarm this morning, as you can see, it was quite cloudy........
Viewed from the A629 (Halifax - Haworth road), between the Thornton Road junction, & the (closed) Denholme Gate pub
Taken whilst travelling up to the 'Withins' fell-race
DSCF3884.JPG

And................ after the said race, on arrival back at the car......................
2017. Withins. 3.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Big Ben is getting an exoskeleton
1ZVPHy4.jpg

And over in West Brompton is what looks like the world championships of Top Trumps for cranes. The red one is massive, I was wondering how the hell it got there, I'm pretty sure it was'nt on the back of the lorry on the left, that looks toy size in comparison. I'm guessing it comes apart in sections and was built on site.
HQ9RYlK.jpg

EDIT: just googled it, It was made by a company called ALE ^_^and it took 6 weeks to build using 2 other cranes, has a lift capacity of 4300 tonnes, at 120m high is twice the height of Nelson's column and has a ground space or approx 2 football pitches:eek:.It is being used to lift the beams which supported the weight of the Earls Court exhibition centre above the London Underground lines, the largest of which is called 'Big Bertha' and weighs 1500 tonnes. They plan to build an 8000 home development on the site, a new High St and a 5 acre park. Blimey.

Last edited:

Spartak