My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Any guesses where I am? I'll give you a clue: there definitely aren't any mountains, and I'm not in France.

View attachment 411072
Looks like a Fenland drain to me.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Sometimes what I can do with virtually no skill and a cheapish modern camera (a Sony HX50) takes my breath away:

dsc06351-copy.jpg

dsc06355-copy.jpg

Family trip to Haworth (SWMBO, daughter, daughters b/f, father-in-law, & myself), so hopefully there'll be a few images to add to this thread, plus the 'Benchmark/Trig-Point' (in General Cycling Discussion) & the Railways thread too!!:okay:

View attachment 410897

It's a struggle to grow up around here.

Crikey, & I thought it was breezy just to the west of South Milford (& just east of the A1's)

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202751939031865&set=a.3907346094392.2153767.1601508436&type=3&theater

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
The stunning church at Moulton, Lincs. No bike involved. That beautiful spire is 14th century, and in superb condition. The interior is splendid too. I think the cycling round here would be dull (well, for someone who likes hills & big hills), but the tedium of the roads could be alleviated by searching out all the historic churches. They seem to have suffered less at the Victorians' hands than Devon's churches.

dsc06402-copy.jpg

Adel Church
A (more or less) un-messed about with Norman Church

I was within 1/2 mile of this, for Stage 4 of the Tour de Yorkshire, but didn't go to it, thus a return visit was on the cards
http://adelparishchurch.org.uk/church-buildings/our-church.html
Built 1150-1160

DSCF5197.JPG

The doorway surround is wonderful!!
DSCF5198.JPG

Some damned large keys!
DSCF5200.JPG

A replica, of the (stolen!) circa-1200 original 'Sanctuary Knocker'
DSCF5199.JPG

A quite impressive Tomb in the graveyard
DSCF5202.JPG

Top Bottom