My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
This is where I was today. No doubt familiar to many, but unless you include night-time flypasts on the train I'd never been there before:

Menai.JPG

Not a bike day, I should add.

Just now
Sorry, but 'available light', so no background really shown

I guess a few of you will recognise the characters?

Lap-Top & iPhone

DSCF5420.JPG

Last edited:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Goodbye, 2010 Ksyrium Elite. End of an era: my 2010 Ksyrium Elite, which came with my Cannondale SuperSix. It's done, I'd guess, 20,000 miles, taken me from Exeter to Die, Paris to Rome, and many of the 8000 miles of Devon roads. Its rim feels about at thin as aluminium foil now, but the wheel is still as true as a die.

At the suggestion of wheel-building friend @Ian H, I have now ordered a new rim, and shall ponder how to change it over, as the bearings are as good as new. In the meantime, an Ultegra wheel has taken its place, and I can ponder Theseus's Trigger, or whatever the philosophical poser is called.

img_20180701_175013981_hdr.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Goodbye, 2010 Ksyrium Elite. End of an era: my 2010 Ksyrium Elite, which came with my Cannondale SuperSix. It's done, I'd guess, 20,000 miles, taken me from Exeter to Die, Paris to Rome, and many of the 8000 miles of Devon roads. Its rim feels about at thin as aluminium foil now, but the wheel is still as true as a die.

At the suggestion of wheel-building friend @Ian H, I have now ordered a new rim, and shall ponder how to change it over, as the bearings are as good as new. In the meantime, an Ultegra wheel has taken its place, and I can ponder Theseus's Trigger, or whatever the philosophical poser is called.

I suggest, given radial spokes, bladed, and none-too-many, that you exert your musician's ear whilst pinging them in order to attain similar tension in the rebuilt wheel.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I suggest, given radial spokes, bladed, and none-too-many, that you exert your musician's ear whilst pinging them in order to attain similar tension in the rebuilt wheel.
Should I start with equal temperament, at A=440Hz? I know that the Greek aspired to the 'music of the spheres', but maybe they really meant the 'music of the perfectly rebuilt bicycle wheel'.

Top Bottom