My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1594553683308.png

Wall cloud near Interstate 39, dropped dime-sized hail, but thankfully, no tornado.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1594553930392.png

Uncommon touring bike, a Schwinn Passage from the mid-1980's, made but one year and a bit. Columbus Tenax steel. Heavily modified and modernized, but still with bar-end friction shifters. Joytech Hubs, Alex rims, and low gearing added as well. I bought this as a frame and built up from there.

Last edited:

avecReynolds531

Veteran
View attachment 535447
Uncommon touring bike, a Schwinn Passage from the mid-1980's, made but one year and a bit. Columbus Tenax steel. Heavily modified and modernized, but still with bar-end friction shifters. Joytech Hubs, Alex rims, and low gearing added as well. I bought this as a frame and built up from there.
I had no idea Schwinn had used Columbus tubing: the following page states 'Tenax, used exclusively by Schwinn, is Columbus's production-grade version of it's SL and SP professional series.'

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I had no idea Schwinn had used Columbus tubing: the following page states 'Tenax, used exclusively by Schwinn, is Columbus's production-grade version of it's SL and SP professional series.'
View attachment 535505
Yes. Prelude, Premis, Passage and Voyageur, as well as a couple of others, I believe the Tempo as well. The Traveler and a couple of others were True Temper in the mid 80's as well. They were trying to compete with more elite bicycle brands. Trek was building frames from 531 at this time. I have a Bianchi from that era, I should make a comparison of the frame riding qualities. I forget what Columbus steel the Bianchi was made of.

Rocky

Hello decadence
The Thames this morning

C6F9C687-4AC0-4872-9593-FF04FFC79331.jpeg

tyred

Legendary Member
Are you quite sure about dat? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errigal#Naming

(looks gorgeous BTW - I've only been to the south, there's clearly a lot to see in the north too!)

That's what it was called when I was at school although some seem to take offence to it nowadays.

There is a lot to see in the north and you'll mostly have it to yourself while all the Americans go the Kerry and Galway.

Top Bottom