My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Haha, I had an idea for a selfie with friends on today's ride... only the second attempt got this :smile:

DSC04287.jpg

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
This is the new Koga, the Rayleigh is being stripped in the spare room and will be completely rebuilt and painted. The Koga is rather splendid and very comfy.

tyred

Legendary Member
The Drumboe, narrow gauge locomotive just delivered back after a refurb to station where it worked until the line closed in '59. The station in Donegal Town is now a railway museum.

Seeing the train was the purpose of my trip :smile: Couldn't get access to the yard or museum though as it was still blocked by the huge crane which lifted it off the lorry. I believe it weighs 55 tons:ohmy: Need a return trip when I can see it properly and visit the museum. I hope one day they can lay some track for it to run on...

Last edited:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
From my morning stroll:

DSC04289.jpg

2021_10_08_pos_01.jpg

New display stand for the items being made by the refugees we are training.

There will be several of these, and they'll be sent to shops run by our organisation. This is partly to help cover costs but also as publicity; we're showing that just because someone arrived on a rubber boat, it doesn't mean they are incapable of skilled work.

Top Bottom