My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
The lovely new 'passerelle' shared use path over the Drôme at Crest this morning. It's another scorcher (37C in the shade right now), so I got out at 7am, and as a result got some lovely light. A bit further down towards the Rhone, the river disappears completely below the pebbles. We desperately need lots of rain.

DSC09295.jpg

20220805_205035.jpg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I really enjoyed that ride up the col de Rousset

Genuinely think it's one of the best climbs anywhere - it's not hard (no grinding at all), the scenery changes all the way up, you can count down the hairpins (there are eight of them), you get a stunning view at the top, and then through the tunnel you go into a different world. I can be up & down it from my front door in a little over two hours! ^_^

20220806_213243.jpg
Lovely Perranporth sunset tonight.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
As I was an idiot, and took a camera without a memory card in it today, for the 1000m climb to Col de Menée (D'oh!! But also annoyed that the camera doesn't tell you it's not storing the photos anywhere), instead you can have another one of the forest-fire fighters... starting to look more promising now, as they are focused on one or two hotspots, rather than on a broad front. This was the latest helicopter as it left this afternoon, having done several water drops.

DSC09581.jpg

As I was an idiot, and took a camera without a memory card in it today, for the 1000m climb to Col de Menée (D'oh!! But also annoyed that the camera doesn't tell you it's not storing the photos anywhere), instead you can have another one of the forest-fire fighters... starting to look more promising now, as they are focused on one or two hotspots, rather than on a broad front. This was the latest helicopter as it left this afternoon, having done several water drops.

View attachment 656115

Loving the nod to red nose day. :okay:

Top Bottom