My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EasyPeez

Veteran
IMG_0025.JPG

Afternoon commute past The Deep, Hull.

simon.r

Person
Sunset and moorhen...and random blue dot that appeared in all 4 photos I took at about the same time.

IMG_0261.JPG

Goggs

Guru
It's about 3km outside Saint-Remy-de-Provence. This is along the path we walk the dogs so we pass it more or less every day.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Early 600 front mechanism

WP_20161005_009.jpg

Alex H

Legendary Member
Electric car charging point at our local HyperU. I would have perhaps expected this in somewhere like Paris or Bordeaux, but Saint Junien only has a population of 12,500. Although I have seen a car plugged in, once.

P05-10-16_13.33.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
When I was a teenager I owned a Benotto that had this exact groupset. I could shift gears telepathically it was so smooth. I miss that bike. I won a few races on it.
I had a Benotto for a while. Lovely bike. Nothing fancy - it wasn't Columbus or anything, not marked as anything in particular, and it was no lightweight, but it was a lovely thing to ride - and looked dead cool for a bonus.

Goggs

Guru
swee'pea99 said:
I had a Benotto for a while. Lovely bike. Nothing fancy - it wasn't Columbus or anything, not marked as anything in particular, and it was no lightweight, but it was a lovely thing to ride - and looked dead cool for a bonus.

My bike was the full Columbus triple-butted affair. It was in a sort of gold colour. Although I loved the groupset it had its quirks. Instead of a regular 600 stem & seat post it had 600 aero. That stuff looked great but the stem quickly lost its angled cap for adjustment (blu-tac to the rescue) and more severely the seat post had an aero profile for the top two-thirds. I wasn't quite tall enough to raise it enough so that the profiled part was fully exposed and so water could collect around the top & seep through into the seat tube and then down to the bottom bracket. Couple that with the heart-shaped cutout underneath the bottom bracket & it was a recipe for disaster. Shimano equipped the BB with a plastic sleeve for such purposes but Japanese & Italian crafts men used different rulers, or something. I must've replaced the BB two or three times at least.

Still a fabulous bike though. Very comfortable and very fast. Then I left school, discovered cars, girls & fags. The rest is history.

I should do a write-up on the Flying Scot I owned. That was a beautiful bike too.

Top Bottom