My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Germany

Legendary Member
New 32" wheeled gravel bike at a trade fair over the weekend.

2026_09_26_Paul_Lange_05.jpg


2026_09_26_Paul_Lange_06.jpg
 
20260928_181321.jpg


Evening dog walk, few miles up the coast, at Minehead harbour.
 

Flick of the Elbow

Pentlands Water of Leith
I must have ridden past this stone hundreds of times not knowing that it was there. But yesterday I saw a post on FB which alerted me to it, and as I happened to be passing this morning I had to take a look. It is in fact a memorial to William Wallace, yes, Braveheart, that one. It was erected in 1784 which might make it the earliest Wallace memorial in the country. The latin inscription reads "Sacred to the memory of William Wallace October 15th 1784". It is located near the location where Wallace is said to have spied on the army of Edward I prior to the Battle of Falkirk in July 1298, (won by Edward :sad: ).
The location is on what is now the Broxburn approach to Almondell Country Park.
IMG_4690.jpeg
 

iandg

Squire
Cycled the 10 miles out to Lockerbie Primary to teach Bikeability. Squall came in during cycle home, heavy rain and a strong gusting head wind. A few mile from home the sky cleared and the sun came out, and I captured the moment.

20261002_111521.jpg
 
Top Bottom