My Proflex Beast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisCrc

Proflex1.jpg

This is a pic of my 1997 Proflex Beast, I got the frame off Ebay about 6 months back with the Fox rear shock, XTR Rear Mech & XT Front Mech, seatpost and seat and Headset and a A2B rear Disc Hanger all for a bargain price of £100:biggrin:, I have just bought 2 sets of Magura H33's and a New Combat F wheel with a Diatech 6 Bolt hub and a Rear Magura wheel with XT Hub and some Sram X7 Shifters, Sram F Mech & Sram X7 Rear Mech. and hopefully in the next week i will be sorting it out....I will post some more pics when i have added the other parts.

Chris

that will be nice...........I reckon these are under-rated as a retro mountain bike....

But I do have a very nice 857 Expert hanging up in my garage;)

OP
OP
ChrisCrc

ChrisCrc

Quote> that will be nice...........I reckon these are under-rated as a retro mountain bike....

But I do have a very nice 857 Expert hanging up in my garage;)<Quote

Hi Stedlocks

Yeah i think you are right, I have done many miles on mine since i built it up, and i cannot say a bad word about it, its light it goes up and down hills as it should and also it still turns heads 10 years or so down the line;) I kept looking out for another frame and nearly bought another a couple of months back but was outbid, still i live in hope:laugh:

Chris

OP
OP
ChrisCrc

ChrisCrc

quote>Nice bike but it looks like you've got the wrong (too long) shock in the back to me.<quote
Hi dan_bo
yeah i think you might be right, the guy i bought the frame from changed the standard Elastimer for the Fox Shock......It does make no change to the ride tho, but i will have a look at it and maybe get a Spring Shock and try that out.

Cheers

Chris

Top Bottom