My Raptobike. A month on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
BlackPanther, where and for how much you bought rear wheel disc?

I can't tell if your being nice, but I made them myself. Cardboard, weatherproofed on the inside with sellotape, and carbon wrap on the outside. Not sure of the longevity using cardboard, but they look nicer than my previous effort using correx. Price? Carbon wrap 0.6x1.52 metres was £10.48 on eBay. Stickers were a tenner, but will do 4 sides/2wheels.

Or were you just being nice?

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Be careful out there Raptoman there maybe a Toxy in your mirror one day lol.

I see a lot of bikes in my mirror Neil. They're not visible for long at the speed I travel though. Or did you mean that a Toxy may be in my mirror and gaining on me? Well Quantum physics does state that everything that can happen will happen given enough time........13.8 billion years is nowhere near long enough though. I'd need to be slowed down somehow. Maybe if I had a puncture? Or my brake seized? Or Yvonne Strahovski was riding the said Toxy?

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

That's my secret weapon up front lol Schlump Mountain Drive tap on the button on crank and up the hill she goes mm still got to pedal though but makes it easier. looks a bit odd to say the least!

As I'm looking for a new front wheel, I'm havey quavering wether to get a 'standard' wheel, or go down the dual drive route. I can manage to change the front ring by foot, but seriously doubt I could do it without fail every time, especially when under pressure halfway up a steep hill. Decisions, decisions.

Look at some forums abroad as you may able to pick up a boom [RAPTO] with a Der/post or not sure if any forum members can suggest an alternative one which will fir you Rapto, still waiting for your YT video!!

Top Bottom