My rich rich neighbour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
One of my neighbours is a US resident for most of the year but he returns to his house that he inherited from his parents for short spells at Christmas, Easter and the summer.

Several weeks ago a short block of houses including his suffered from a power cut in the early hours of the morning which triggered all of the burglar alarms in the affected houses. After the restoration of power I let myself in to his house to reset the burglar alarm and was unable to do so.

I contacted him and then arranged for the alarm company to pay a visit to repair/reset the alarm. He was effusive with his thanks and promised a small thank you present.

He arrived back in the UK yesterday and left a card with a thank you present inside - £100 worth of Waitrose/John Lewis vouchers. The UN must have a very generous pension scheme.....he is a retired UN peace keeper.

Can't decide what to spend the vouchers on.

I was very effusive with my thanks by the way.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
charity?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Vernon, do none of Waitrose's offerings meet your exacting " Pie Standard"? I suspect not.:cry:

buddha

Veteran
Right now, I think the UN could do with a new pair of balls:thumbsup:
You can get 210 British Pork & Sweet Chilli Sausages at Waitrose, and have 35p change. Very tasty!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well why not reciprocate his generosity by buying some nice scran and inviting him round for a slap up dinner? Being an honorary Yank he will appreciate a good roast dinner with all the trimmings and a decent bottle of wine. You'll both enjoy it and will make friends for life.

There's nothing more valuable than good neighbours.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Why dont you "accidently on purpose" set his alarm off a few more times, you could have built up a tidy sum by Christmas. :laugh:

Top Bottom