My riding has got worse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

It's been a while since I was last on a set of rollers till I just bought myself some recently, I remember it being hard to judge but I forgot just how hard. got on them last night and was all over the place, I never knew my handling skills were just so bad.

could partly explain the popularity of turbo trainers. I'm sure there are other, more valid reasons, for turbo -v- roller.

OP
OP
walker

walker

MichaelM said:
As an experiment (if possible), try using a heavier set of wheels, heavier rims/tyres especially may (should?) be more stable.

like the idea but I doubt very much it will work, I would of still gone all over the place had I fitted car tyres to the bike.

I was ok after 10 minutes, but I could'nt believe my handling could deteriorate so rapidly like that.

MichaelM

Guru
I'd like to give it a try myself. I've read quite often that there's a noticeable difference between heavy/light tyres/wheels. It would be fun to calculate the figs, then try it to see.

graham56

Guru
First and last time i was on rollers was back in 72, they belonged to a mate and i almost crippled myself when i fell off them.:eek:
Not as easy as it looks.

Trillian

good practice then!

Keith Oates

Janner
When I was in Yangzhou this winter and the snow and ice was bad, one of the lads in the LBS told me I could have his a try out. Reading the above means one of two things, either he couldn't use them or he wanted me to have some problems, glad I declined the offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom