My scanner has gone kaput!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Old clunky A4 scanner just gave up the ghost today. It has been a faithful servant - must have had it 6 or 7 years, so can't complain. It think a spring finally went in its clockwork motor :wacko:

Anyway, chance to upgrade to a newer, bigger one. Anyone actually used a good A3 scanner that works with Xp and Vista and doesn't cost a fortune? (Sub-£100 would be nice).

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
beanzontoast said:
Old clunky A4 scanner just gave up the ghost today. It has been a faithful servant - must have had it 6 or 7 years, so can't complain. It think a spring finally went in its clockwork motor :wacko:

Anyway, chance to upgrade to a newer, bigger one. Anyone actually used a good A3 scanner that works with Xp and Vista and doesn't cost a fortune? (Sub-£100 would be nice).

i've heard that loads of stuff won't work with vista. i won't mention the combination of a fruit, a long raincoat and a spotty big cat (or a stripy one), but if i did i could tell you that it works with virtually any usb device without needing drivers installed.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Hmm... unfortunately, Xp and Vista are on my two machines and I need the blighter to work with both.

I would have considered getting an all-in printer/scanner/photocopier jobbie, but it would only have been A4 and I've had a new printer only a couple of months ago. :wacko:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
would it be possible to connect it to the xp machine and share it over a network? easy done with you know what, might also be possible with your pcs. would depend on whether it is the hardware/software that vista may have problems with.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Hadn't thought of that Alec - I'd give it a go as a last resort compromise, but maybe someone out there is using an A3 right now with both OS's? Presumably with drivers for both that came with it? That would be my first choice.

(Mrs B frequently tells me that I live in hope of things being straightforward! Think I would have learned by now!) :wacko:

Top Bottom